In 2020, I decided to stop putting my career goals on the backburner and launched The Dread Machine, a magazine, podcast, and publishing company specializing in dark speculative and science fiction. I currently serve as the executive editor. My duties include (but are in no way limited to):
- Managing the company’s budget
- Acquiring and editing all content
- Designing and maintaining the website
- Creating all graphic materials, including social media campaigns
- Hiring and collaborating with all freelance artists, writers, and narrators
The Dread Machine is my pride and joy—a passion project that burns as bright as an exploding star. We strive to publish at least one anthology each year with our first volume, Mixtape: 1986, scheduled for release in autumn of 2020, and our second title, Darkness Blooms, scheduled for spring of 2021.